All purpose flour - 200 gms
baking powder - 2 tsp
Sugar - 200 gms
Eggs - 4
Sour cream - 150 ml
Scale of 1 citrus fruit
Citrus juice - 4 tbls
Sunfloweroil - 150 ml
For the Citrus-Sugar Syrup
Icing sugar -4 Tbls
Citrus juice - 3 Tbls
1. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl and add the sugar.
2. In another bowl, beat in the eggs, sour cream, Citrus scale, Citrus juice, and oil together.
3. Add the beaten mixture into the flour mixture and work it into a soft consistency.
4. Pour it into a greased springform.
5. Bake at 180 ° C for 45 -60 min. until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the sugar syrup by mixing the icing sugar and citrus juice together and cook it on a low heat until it thickens.
7. When the cake is done, take out from the oven and immediately brush the surface with the prepared syrup. Let it cool in the form before serving it with a cup of hot tea !
Its my pleasure to share this cake recipe for this year's Eid with Taste of Pearl City, of Umm Mymoonah,who is running a wonderful "Iftar Moments" event for Ramadhan. For more details about her event, click here.