Its a Turkish Meze and is very refreshing on the palette with a unique combo of Auberginen with garlic A very good substitute for raita (Yogurt Dip).
Egg plant - 1 big size
Yogurt - 500 gms
Olive oil -2 tbsp
garlic - 2 pods, crushed
salt to taste
1. Wash and cut the egg plant into small cubes.
2. Cook them in water until soft.
3. Drain and squeeze out the excess water.
4. Mash the cooked egg plant with a fork.
5. In a bowl, Combine Yogurt, mashed egg plant, crushed garlic, olive oil ,salt and pepper.
1. Serve it with rice or Bulgur Pilavi.
2. To get the best flavor, the eggplants could be cooked on a fire or a grill.
This recipe goes to the event Dish it out by Vardhini, guest hosted by Sangee Vijay of Spicy Treats