All purpose flour - 3.5-4 cups
Potato puree (potatoes cooked and mashed) - 1 cup
Warm water - 250 ml + 30 ml for the dry yeast.
Dry yeast - 1 pkt
Chives - 1/2 cup
Dry Milk powder - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Egg white - 1 (for egg wash)
Cold water - 2 tsp
Sunflower seeds and/or Pumpkin seeds
1. Dissolve the dry yeast in 30 ml lukewarm water with a teaspoon of sugar in a separate bowl. Set aside for 5-10 minutes for the yeast to get active.
2. Sift the flour, mix it with salt and milk powder in a large bowl.
3. Mix the potato puree and chives and add them to the flour.
5. After an hour, knead the dough once again for 3 minutes and divide it into 12 balls.
6. Place the balls in a springform as shown in the picture below. Cover it again with a kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes. Give an egg wash by mixing the eggwhite with 2 tsp of cold water and brush it on the surface of the bread. Sprinkle sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds as desired.
8. Serve with a warm Red gram soup.
No croutons Required hosted by Lisa and to Iftar Moments.