This soft cake with a strong pineapple flavor was a real melt in the mouth. Felt like with each bite, the mouth was screaming and asking the juicy pineapple pieces "give me more" ! Try this, and you would never get satisfied with just one slice :)
Melted unsalted butter - 20 gms
Brown sugar - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour (sifted)- 125 gms
Canned Pineapple slices - 440 gms
Butter - 90 gms
Sugar - 110 gms
Eggs - 2 (beaten)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
1. Grease a ringform (20 cms) with the melted unsalted butter. Sprinkle brown sugar over the butter.
2. Take out the pineapple slices from the can, dry them using a kitchen tissue. Reserve 80 ml of the pineapple concentrate (from the can) for later use.
3. Cut the slices into halves and arrange them on the form over the brown sugar.
5. To this, add in parts, the sifted flour, baking powder alternatively with the reserved pineapple concentrate. Mix well using a metal spoon.
9. Serve it along with a Tea or juice.
This recipe goes to the event Bake-Off hosted by Champa of Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen.