Boiling water - 1 cup
Nigella seeds - 1 tbsp
Honey - 1/2 tsp (optional)
A dash of Vanilla extract
Milk or cream (optional)
1. Crush the nigella seeds using a hammer or a mortar and pestle. Please do not powder it finely. You just want them to release the essential oils.
2. Take the boiling water in a tea kettle and put the crushed seeds into it. Cover the kettle and let it rest for 8-10 minutes.
3. Filter out the seeds and discard the contents.
4. Flavor with milk, cream, honey or vanilla as desired.
1. Please do not allow the seeds to steep in the water for a long time, it gives a bitter taste.
2. If you have a teaball, place the crushed seeds in it and the teaball in the cup. After 8 minutes, take out the teaball and serve the tea.
This recipe goes to CWS- Nigella seeds hosted by Taste of Pearl City started by Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes,