Ingredients for 30 profiteroles
For the pastry
All purpose flour - 100 gms (sieved)
Unsalted butter - 75 gms
Water - 200 ml
Eggs - 3
For the cream
cream - 300 ml
Sugar - 3 tbsp
vanilla essence - 1tsp
For the chocolate sauce
chocolate chips - 100 gms (with atleast 70 percent cocoa- the more cocoa the more tastier)
cream - 1 cup
1. Boil butter and water, with a pinch of sugar.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Slowly add the sieved flour and beat it quickly with a wooden spoon. Keep mixing until the dough leaves from the vessel. Care should be taken that no lumps are formed.Cool the dough for 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs one by one and mix it thoroughly with each egg. Keep mixing it until the batter flows smoothly from the wooden spoon.
5. Take a tray and place a parchment paper. Stick the four corners of this paper to the tray by "glueing" it with the same batter prepared above. Now you can be sure that your parchment paper doesnt move when you are working on it in the following steps.
6. Fill the batter in a piping bag and squeeze out small circles using the star-shaped tip. If you dont have a piping bag, simply take a teaspoonful of the batter and gently place it on the tray. Make sure there is enough space in between 2 circles, so as to provide room for them to rise during baking.
7. Take a small bowl of water and using a spoon, dip the bottom of the spoon in the water and gently press it on top of each circles, so as to avoid their protruding sharp edge(as a result of piping) from getting burnt while baking.
8. Preheat the oven at 190 °c
9. Place the tray in the oven and adjust the oven temp. to 220 °C. Bake for 15 min. Please DO NOT open the oven while baking.
10. When the pastries are done, turn off the oven and let them stay in the oven for 10 more min.
11. Take out the pastries from the oven and pierce each of them with a sharp point edge. This would allow the moisture to go out and prevents the pastries from shrinking.
Consider serving 3 profiteroles per person and pack the rest in an air-tight cover and store it in the refrigerator for 3 days or about a month in a freezer. You could reheat them in the oven at 150 °C for 7-10mins.
Preparation of the cream.
Cool the cream in the refrigerator for atleast 2hrs before u whip it. Also, chill the vessel in which the cream is to be whipped for half an hour or so.
1. Whip the cream with sugar and vanilla essence until it becomes thick.
2. Cut open the pastries. You would see hollow parts. This is a perfectly-made profiterole !
3. Stuff the whipped cream into it.
Preparation of the Chocolate sauce
1. Boil the cream and then melt the chocolate chips into it.
2. Using a blender, blend it thoroughly until all the chips are dissolved.
Serving tip :
Place 2 or 3 cream-stuffed profiteroles in individual serving bowls.
Pour the hot chocolate sauce over the profiteroles and serve !
You could as well save the left-over chocolate sauce and the cream in the fridge for the next day !