Ingredients for the dough
All purpose flour (sifted) - 500 gms
Sugar - 120 gms
Butter - 50 gms
Milk - 100 ml
Heavy Cream - 120 ml
Egg - 1
Fresh yeast - 20 gms / Dry yeast - 1 pkt
pinch of salt
Ingredients for the chocolate-walnut sauce
Heavy cream - 240 ml
Chocolate chips - 360 gm
Butter- 65 gm
Walnuts (chopped) -100 gm
Melted butter - 75 gm
Preparing the chocolate sauce :
1. Boil the heavy cream.
2. Remove from heat, add the chocolate chips and mix well until all the chocolate is melted completely.
3. Add the butter portion wise in small amounts and keep stirring it.
4. Finally add the walnuts and mix well. Set aside.
Preparing the dough:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead for about 10-15 minutes until it becomes soft.
(In case, if you are using dry yeast, dissolve it in 2 tbsp warm water with 1 tsp of sugar and set aside for 10 min. until it becomes frothy and then incorporate into the mixture and then knead).
2. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and place it in a warm place for 2 hrs.
3. After 2 hrs, the dough would have risen. Knead the dough again for 2 minutes.
4. Cover it in a cling film and place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. Take out the dough and roll it using a rolling pin.
11. Just before baking, brush the top of the chocolate slices with melted butter.
13. As soon as it comes out of the oven, brush the surface once again with melted butter.
Present and Serve for Breakfast or Tea !
This is my first recipe which goes to the event Bread Baking Day 31. For more details click here