Cucumbers(small) - 5
Fresh mint leaves(very finely chopped) - 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
sunflower or any vegetable oil - 80 ml
Orange blossom water - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
1. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and mix it with the chopped mint.
2. For the dressing, in a separate small bowl, mix together lemon juice, oil, orange blossom water and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the cucumber-mint and mix thoroughly.
1. You can also use dried mint leaves and large cucumber. But before making the salad, soak the cucumber slices in salt water for half an hour to remove the bitterness.
2. If you do not have orange blossom water, mix 2 or 3 drops of orange essence in 2 tablespoons of water and then use it.
This recipe goes to the event "Souper Sundays" hosted by Debinhawaii
Its my pleasure to add this wonderful Souper Sundays logo :)
Taste of Pearl City, of Umm Mymoonah,who is running a wonderful "Iftar Moments" event for Ramadhan. For more details about her event, click here.