Ingredients (for approx. 10 Tortillas)
All purpose flour - 1 and a half cup
Corn flour - 1 cup
Lukewarm water - approx. 150 ml
If you are wondering if I had omitted to mention any ingredient, no I have not ! These are all the ingredients it requires ! Isnt it simple ? :)
1. Sift and mix the two flours in a bowl.
2. Add the water and knead it for 5 minutes into a smooth dough.
3. Divide the dough into 10 balls.
4. Take a ball and using a rolling pin, flatten it out into 0.5-1 cm thickness. (Please do not roll it out thin. Otherwise they will be difficult to fold later. While working with one ball, cover the other balls with a clingfilm so that they dont get dried up !)
5. Take a nonstick pan and heat it. Place the "flattened roll", one at a time, and cook it in a medium flame for 2- 3 min. Turn the other side and cook again for a minute. There is no need to add oil or butter !
6. Repeat the process for all the other balls.
Serve it with your favourite stuffings. For a crispy munch, use crushed Torilla chips.
Chilli Red Beans- Minced Meat in the Curries and Gravies section.
Tips : The unstuffed, plain Tortillas stay fresh for a week in an airtight container. Bake them or Microwave before reusing it for 3 min. at 180°C
You could as well cut the unused Tortillas into small pieces and deep fry them in hot oil and your Tortilla chips are ready as a snack !
This recipe goes to Spotlight : baking without oven.