A rich and healthy soup enriched with vegetables like potatoes, carrots, lentils and Meat. Its a complete meal in itself,very simple to prepare, and goes extremely well with a piece of bread or rice. I would say its a "must try" recipe for meat-lovers.
Lets go straight to the recipe now....
Ingredients for 2-3 persons
Meat pieces - 250 gms ((preferably big pieces with bones)
Red lentils - 100 gms
Red onions - 2 (medium size, finely chopped)
Olive oil - 60 ml
Water - 1.5 lit
Potatoes - 2 (cut in small pieces)
Carrots - 2 (cut small)
Corriander leaves - 1 cup (chopped finely)
Salt - as desired
Pepper powder- as desired
chilli powder - as desired
Lemon juice - from 1/2 lemon
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, saute the onions, add meat pieces, salt, pepper powder, cinnamon powder, chilli powder together until the onions get golden brown.
2. Add the red lentils, potatoes, carrot and water and pressure cook until the meat and lentils get tender.
3. Once the meat is done, take it out from the broth and separate the flesh from the bones.
4. Puree the broth using a blender into a smooth consisitency. If the consistency is thick, add more water to it and then blend it.
5. Finally add the shredded meat to it and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Serve the soup with chopped corriander leaves, and with a few drops of lemon squeezed.
Cinnamon is the most commonly used spice in Moroccan cuisine.
This goes to the event "Souper Sundays" hosted by Debinhawaii